Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Workshop portraits - these are two of my favorites, painted on Canson paper

Here are two more workshop portraits.  They are some of my favorites.  One is of  a friend, and the other I just like because, well, I do!

© by Christine DiMauro, all rights reserved.

Some sitters names I remember, and this girl's name was "Colleen".  This is extremely loose for me, yet I feel I captured her essence, as well as a pretty wild skin tone.  I think I went a bit crazy, but I like it.  It certainly wouldn't be the way I would paint a commission, but again, trying different things in this type of environment enables me to feel confident enough to try something interesting in a commission.  Size is 11" x 16 1/2".



© by Christine DiMauro, all rights reserved.

Michael is a dear friend.  He is a fellow artist, and a wonderful portrait artist at that!  What a great face to paint, this was probably the most fun I've had doing a workshop portrait.  I felt I really captured his personality, as well as a likeness.  It's not often I frame one of these portraits, and this one is framed.  Size is 11" x 16 1/2".  I call this one "Our Michael", because he is our Michael, he is well loved in our art club.


No comments: