Saturday, January 21, 2012

Lexi, Graphite Pencil, 7" x 10"


© by Christine DiMauro, all rights reserved.

I often times feel like I'm all over the place with my art, reaching to do other mediums even though my first love is pastel.  I sketched this just a couple of months ago (November I think).  It is a sketch of my late dog Lexi.  She was a cutie, and as cute as she was she really was a handful at times.  It did break my heart when she died, Lexi was a real sweetie, which made it much easier to tolerate her sometimes difficult behavior.  She was never mean, always sweet, just a bit of a handful.  It's always hard to say goodbye when a furry friend leaves us, this was the second time I had to do that. 

I had this photo I took of her that always screamed at me to do something with, and one morning I just had to sketch her.  I have some Stillman and Birn sketchbooks, and I've found the paper in them to be quite nice to use, hopefully that will be my motivation to add more sketches to them!    

No comments: