Monday, January 23, 2012

Birch Along My Driveway and Tree at the Arboretum, Inktense pencils, done on one page of a 7" x 10" Stillman and Birn sketchbook

© by Christine DiMauro, all rights reserved.

Another page from the same sketchbook.  I sketched this back in November 2011.  This time I decided to try Inktense pencils just to see if the paper could handle the water.  I thought the paper did an excellent job, though there was some buckling.  A few heavy books and a couple of hours later, and the buckling was almost gone.  These pencils aren't always light fast, but for sketch booking I think they're great.  The sketchbook stays closed most of the time, so the few times it gets opened should hopefully be okay.  I do stay away from the worst offenders for fading, hopefully that will be enough.  I wish the pencils were more light fast as they are truly fun to play with, the colors really are intense!

No comments: