Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Just a quick sketch of two apples, 6" x 8", painted on Canson paper

© by Christine DiMauro, all rights reserved.

This is a quick sketch I did last week.  I go to a friend's studio to paint one day each week, and I forgot to bring the reference photo of a landscape I intended to paint from.  So, there were these two apples just sitting there on the table asking to be painted, and that is just what I did!  Sometimes it's nice to paint just for the sake of painting, and for no other reason. 

This is by no means a "finished painting", it's just a sketch, but sometimes the unfinished ones get me more excited.  I think it's because I was painting with no worries, "just because........" and, there's nothing like painting from life, it beats photos every time!

No comments: