Friday, April 25, 2014

Bartlett Pear #6, Pears Squared Series, 6" x 6" Pastel

I do think I'm getting a bit crazy with my colors..... not sure why. Maybe it's because I'm forced to come up with new ideas to portray the same subject..... getting creative with the backgrounds also. If for no other reason, this is a good... exercise to practice backgrounds. I know I'm a color junkie, but this is nutz.
 
I used Unison, Mount Vision, Ludwig, Girault, Grumbacher, and Art Spectrum Pastels.  This is painted on Wallis Pro, and was underpainted using Pan Pastels.
 
I rather like this one....

© by Christine DiMauro, all rights reserved



2 comments:

Vanessa Turner said...

Christine I just love your pear series. The vibrant colours and perfectly balanced values are gorgeous!!

Christine DiMauro said...

Thanks so much Vanessa. I am hoping to paint more, they are a great subject!