Friday, November 25, 2011

Some thoughts as I post these older works.....

As I sit here and post these older works, I am finding that this really shows the inevitable evolution one goes through when on a journey like this.  As the years have gone by I've learned and continue to learn so much about this beautiful, yet sometimes mysterious medium.  Pastels have so many different means of application.  One can use sanded paper, textured conventional pastel paper, watercolor paper, you can apply a gritty primer to any type of archival paper that accepts water, the list goes on and on.  The ability to experiment is endless, and always exciting.  As a result, styles change, as does the approach.  My style has changed enormously due to my experimenting, and you will see this when I start posting my newer works.  I find it to be a good thing, I believe change shows growth. 

I'm still not quite finished posting these older works, I just thought I would share what I was observing as I go through this process.  Even my photo-taking skills have improved (thank goodness!).

No comments: