Sunday, December 4, 2011

One Nice Thing, Pastel, 7" x 7", painted on Wallis sanded paper

© by Christine DiMauro, all rights reserved.

Because the holidays are approaching, I thought I would post the painting I used for my Christmas card last year (2010).  I did this in somewhat of a rush, but I was pleased with the effort.  I paint something every year for my Christmas card, yet I always seem to wait until the last minute.  I always seem to be working on a commission, and everything else needs to wait until I finish it.  This year is no exception, I'm working on a commission right now, yet I'm worried about my Christmas card.  Will I have time this year to get one done?  I have an idea, now all I need is the time to paint it.  Keep your fingers crossed, I really hope I'm able to pull it off.....

And yes, your eyes do not deceive you; this is a much looser style than my older works.  This is the direction my work has been going in, a conscious effort on my part.  You will see with my more recent works that I've abandoned too many hard edges.  They are important, but like anything too much of a good thing is not good.  I like to incorporate lost and found edges, and paint more loosely.  Landscapes have helped me to achieve this I think. 

No comments: