Friday, April 25, 2014

Abate Fetel Pear #7, Pears Squared Series, 6" x 6" Pastel

This is an interesting pear. I believe it is from Italy, I looked up the name and that was what I found. I am looking forward to tasting it..... my reward at the end of the painting!  It is green, not a bit of red to be found on it anywhere.   Well, I guess that's why I decided to do the background red... quite a lot of color, even for me.  I used Ludwig vibrant colors, a small set I purchased a while back.  It's not the full vibrant set, just 14 of them.  And yes, they are vibrant!

I used Unison, Mount Vision, Ludwig, Girault, Grumbacher, and Art Spectrum Pastels.  This is painted on Wallis Pro, and was underpainted using Pan Pastels.

I do think I will paint it again, so the snack will have to wait...  Maybe not such an intense background next time...

© by Christine DiMauro, all rights reserved

No comments: