Wednesday, August 21, 2013

"Flowers at Meadow Croft", a Plein air, 5" x 8"

I apologize for not posting in quite some time.  I've been very busy this summer, and unfortunately I have not been painting as much as I'd like.  Things are quieting down now, and I'm looking forward to painting what's been in my head for what feels like a very long time!

Here is a little plein air I did this evening at a place called Meadow Croft Estate.  John E. Roosevelt lived there during Long Island's Cold Coast Era and President Theodore Roosevelt visited there regularly.  It is now a Suffolk County museum.

The light there this evening wasn't great, there are a lot of trees which keeps the sun out in the evening.  I chose to paint the flowers because at least I could get color if I couldn't get light.  I painted this on Wallis Pro, using Unisons, Mount Visions and Great American pastels.

 
© by Christine DiMauro, all rights reserved.

No comments: