Monday, December 5, 2011

Three Sisters, 16" x 16", Graphite pencil on three-ply vellum

© by Christine DiMauro, all rights reserved.

I apologize for the bad photo; this was drawn back in 2000.  It was a commission for someone that wanted a special Christmas card to send out to her family.  I did this for the mother of a friend of my daughter's.  Our daughters were in dance class together, and she found out that I was an artist.  She asked if I would sketch a special photograph she had.  It was the most adorable photograph of her daughters, and she wanted me to do a graphite sketch, and get it printed up for her.  Even though this was done eleven years ago I remember sketching it and watching each face emerge from the page.  I was really pleased with the result, and the printed card turned out great.  I really wish I had taken a better photograph, but back then I didn't have a digital camera, and I had a lot to learn about taking photographs of my artwork.  I had to scan the photo of this onto my computer and try to crop it properly.  The top portion has some glare, probably due to some very poor lighting.  My client ended up framing the sketch, I'm so glad she did because I was so pleased with the result

No comments: